29 June 2016

Furry bulky box

Another domestic parcel address card. This time the parcel was filled with furs and it was bulky too. The furs were delivered from Tranås Furs Inc. (Tranås Pälsvarukompani AB) in Tranås to the shop Hats & Furs (Hatt & Pälsvaru AB) in Stockholm owned by Mr. Tore Gustafsson. Actually it looks like Mr. Gustafsson himself has signed the card, look in the lower left corner. The 4 kg parcel was delivered pretty fast, it took only one business day between Tranås and Stockholm in mid-November 1968.

Tranås used to be the fur hub of Sweden and fur was a big business there. The consumers' view on furs have drastically changed since 1968 and now there are hardly any fur shops at all in the country.


Domestic parcel 4 kg and bulky; fee 4.50 + 50% = 6.75 kr
1967, 16 June, 45 öre ultramarine Gustaf VI Adolf, type III. Qty: 364,000,000, 2-sided perforation.
1958, 17 September. 5 kr blue The royal Palace, Stockholm II. Qty: 16,500,000, 2-sided perforation.
1962, 2 July. 30 öre violet Gustaf VI Adolf type III. Qty: 123,000,000, 2-sided perforation.
1968, 21 February. 1 kr green-black Dancing Cranes. Qty: 140,000,000.

At the time the 45 öre ultramarine was the stamp used for the most common postal rate, the one for domestic letter  - 20 g. The 30 öre violet from 1962 seems correct as well, there was a 30 öre red available to at the time but only in booklets (released in 1966). The first version of the 5 kr blue The Royal Castle was released as early as in 1941. It was not until 1958 it was released in coils, it is the coil version we can admire on the card above. The 5 kr blue was phased out in the beginning of the seventies when it was replaced by the 5 kr blue-green National Seal 1439.

The 1 kr Dancing Cranes is of a more modern design and belongs to the series of new definitive stamps that were issued from 1967 and on. One might say that the 1 kr Dancing Cranes during the end of the sixties replaced the 1 kr orange Three Crowns from 1939.

Where are the places:
Tranås is situated 230 km SW of Stockholm, the distance by road is 270 km.



4 comments:

  1. Dear Sir:

    I suggest you a links exchange.
    I just add a link to your site in mine:

    http://encyclopaediaphilatelica.net/ca/links

    My website´s basic facts:

    Title: Encyclopaedia Philatelica
    URL: www.encyclopaediaphilatelica.net
    Description: Multilingual encyclopaedia composed around four sections: personages, fauna, flora and geography. Picture gallery about iconography, genealogy, history, art and taxonomy.

    Thank you in advance and best regards.

    Jaume Gorriz
    jaume@encyclopaediaphilatelica.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes in preparing myself for the next trade, i see no other company that’s capable as CJAHMET , these guys would absolutely give you returns that would leave you speechless and they also RECOVER YOUR BAD INVESTMENT LOST .2021 has been a great year for me since I started investing in cryptocurrency market with CJAHMET with 0.5BTC , I'm really making a huge profits on my investment,since I started with 0.5BTC and now i make 3.2BTC

      Delete
  2. My husband and I separated recently. We’ve been married for six years now and it’s been an abusive relationship in all types of ways. I want to figure out myself and fix my own issues so I can fix my marriage because it’s broken down and I’m emotionally drained. I feel it’s unfair for me to try to fix something that I’m the only one that’s putting effort into. I’m so confused. That had been my decision until I came across an article on the internet on how Dr. Peter helped many people to restore broken marriages/relationships. I quickly contacted him, and he told me what I should do, which I did immediately. Within seventy two hours my husband came back and the greatest part of it is that my husband has changed completely, he no longer abuses or insults me. Today, he has become a loving and caring husband. if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact via email drpeterspellcaster21@gmail.com WhatsApp text/call +19844092762

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise to share this testimony all over the world once my husband returns back to me. Things don't just work out until you make the right choice in your life, In my life I made the right choice when I contacted Peter, who specializes in restoring broken relationships or marriages. I'm here on this site to thank peter for a job well done Because I never believe that I would have gotten my husband back after he left me for over a year with kid, if not for the sake of peter that help me I wouldn't have been here today that is why i won't be leaving this site without dropping the contact details r peter which is via drpeterspellcaster21@gmail.com and whatsapp +2348162247974

    ReplyDelete